Welcome to Bømlo!
All public offices are situated in the administrative centre of Svortland, where a large commercial centre has now developed with many shops and several malls offering a wide range of products.
A new recreation centre and a new upper secondary school, together with the construction of many homes in the area, have created an active and pleasant environment.
Rubbestadneset is "the industrial capital" of the district of Bømlo. Here we find a supermarket and a hotel, and many new homes are being built. This too, is the port of call for the express boat with short travelling time to Flesland air- port, Bergen or Stord.
Rubbestadnes Vocational College has a long history of training skilled workers for industry and trade in general.
Moster is known for its place in history and more recently as a centre for the cargo shipp- ing industry.Today, Moster is a thriving community with a wide range of services. The Røyksund Canal is one of the district's most popular attractions for boating visitors. A local history museum is located in Moster.
We hope you will visit our new "Culture
House". Located on the waterfront of Storavatnet in Svortland, this modern building houses a café, kiosk, cinema, youth club and Bømlo's culture and music schools in addition to the local unemployment and welfare office
Svortland, 5430 Bremnes
Tel. +47 53 42 35 00
Finnås is located in the centre of the island, on either side of the Kulleseid Canal. The building here in recent years has led to an expanding community. Finnås has a small shopping centre, and Olavskulen folk high school, which is run as a holiday hotel during the summer months, is located in the centre of the community.The Kulleseid Canal guest moorings are used actively by
visiting boating folk.
KULLESEID TELEGRAPH STATION
Kulleseid Telegrafstation was built in 1857 – the oldest telecommunications building in Norway and the «jewel» in the Telenor crown of listed buildings and installations. In 1997, the Norwegian Telecommunications Museum and the Central Office of Historic Monuments
restored the building and it now houses a small exhibition showing how the building was used from 1857 until the exchange was
made automatic in 1974. Open by appointment: Tel: +47 95 90 22 18
The Norwegian Telecommunications
Museums has exhibitions and
collections throughout Norway.